We want to thank Russ Pennavaria for his more than 12 years of devoted service to COJ and invite you to click below to learn more about his story and his passion for supporting the bereaved of our community.
Companions on a Journey is blessed to have the support and dedication of volunteers who offer their time, and talent in some of the following ways. We are always in need of more volunteers:
Trained Bereavement Facilitators:
- Helping facilitate support groups and/or programs, including preparing support group materials, assisting facilitators before, during, or after groups, etc. Training is provided by COJ Professionals; it is educational and interactive, with opportunities to explore personal loss and grief. We focus on group dynamics and the various types of Grief. This is a very dedicated an rewarding position with COJ, with the hope of a year’s + commitment after training.
- Help our facilitators understand their common objectives and assist them in achieving them. Hold regular meetings to educate enhance and enrich COJ programs to help the Bereaved.
Board Member or Advisory Member:
- (This is a three-year commitment). Board Secretary for taking and discernment of minutes
Marketing & Program Development:
- This may include designing and assisting with dispersal of brochures, newsletters and flyers about Companions on a Journey and our programs.
- This is a dedicated and rewarding position within COJ as you lead a team of volunteers in soliciting ideas and develop a strategy in putting on our annual fundraising Gala.
Coordinate fundraising activities:
- Piggest Raffle, Macy's Rewards, Shamrock Shuffle, Kroger Rewards and others as defined. Coordination includes working with the sponsoring organization to sign up COJ, communicating with COJ member’s details of participation, keeping track of participants, finalizing final tally, Manning COJ booths and/or tables as needed. Sending thank you letters to participants. Help with Annual Gala.
Administrative and Office Assistances:
- All areas. Sending emails out to COJ membership for all general COJ communications as needed. Updating COJ membership and email lists. Sending out official "Thank You" to people and organizations who have made donations to COJ. Fold Newsletters. Fill out paperwork and make delivery’s to Post Office. General office help.
Coordinate Annuals appeals:
- To include creating Annual Appeal letter, sending to membership, receiving, tracking, sending thank you for Annual Appeal donations.
Lunch Bunch Coordinator:
- For widowed groups meets at 11:30 a.m. once a month at a local restaurant.
Travel Club Coordinator:
- Plan trips for widowed groups, long or short, far or abroad!
- Sharing your story of healing with others and having it published, encourage others by sharing how you have dealt with the loss of your loved one and the hope you have found in your healing.
- Seasons of Grief Quarterly newsletter is our signature publication dealing with Grief and Mourning. Includes all areas to produce a primer Newsletter.
- Record the Day-toDay financial transactions of COJ. Record purchases, sales, receipts, and payment. Create simple monthy reports. Coordinate with accounting firm.
Help is always needed. If you are interested in offering your time and talents toCompanions on a Journey, please contact us at:
(513) 870-9108 or firstname.lastname@example.org