Companions on a Journey, has a number of needed items to sustain and expand our programs, particularly for our ongoing children and teens programs.
If you are able to provide any item(s) on our Wish-List, contact us at: (513) 870-9108 or email@example.com
We would love to hear from you. Your tax deductible gift is greatly appreciated
Mending Hearts and Teens-in-Grief
The below Wish-List items are Arts and Crafts. We use this throughout the year to help our children and teens to know that they can enjoy life in their journey of grief and create fellowship and some mentoring relationships. At each session we will have various activities that will allow teens to have a visual concept of the many aspects of their grief.
- Slinky’s. We use; Magic Spring–Glow in the dark. They are multi-colored plastic Slinky’s and can be procured from the Oriental Trading Company. These are used for “The Spiral of Grief” orientations.
- “Companions on a Journey” Feelings Magnets
- Paper Masks from United Art. White masks - The Mask Project is great art project whereby participants design and decorate a mask to express thoughts and feelings
- Tiles for art projects and markers for tiles
- ~4.5 inch Clay Pots. Participants learn to mend a heart.
- Clear plastic ornaments and supplies for Christmas activity. COJ Holiday signature event for Children, Teens, and Adult programs
- COJ Stress Balls
- Hand Puppets - Assortment of 25-30. Used in Children’s Mending Hearts Programs
- Water and/or Soda Pop – Bottles or Cans. Used in Children’s Mending Hearts, and Teens-in-Grief Programs
- Children’s books on Grief – Age appropriate Books written for Grade and High School children
- Gift cards to Chipotle, Subway, Pizza, Etc. - **Food brings people together. It is our link with each other. Its help our Teens and Our Children’s Mending Hearts Programs to “open-up” before sessions begin.
- Gift Cards to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Staples, Office Depot, Kroger’s, Meijer, Wal-Mart, etc. – Supplies for our Teens and Grief and Children’s Mending Hearts Program.
Operating Wish List
Many hours go into preparation for our Children’s Mending Hearts, Teens-in-Grief programs and Adult Programs. There is printing of material, agenda preparation, newsletters, travel, social media and operating expenses.
- Laser Color Printer
- Ink - For all printers
- Xerox Phaser 7400 Printer Ink Cartridges, Imagining unit, Transfer Unit
- Dell All-in-One Machines V505 Ink Cartridges
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Ink Cartridges
- Multi-purpose Folding Machine
- Saddle Stapler
- Signage for COJ Groups both COJ and Mending Hearts
- Copier paper (11 x 17, 20lb weight, in white)
- Copier paper (8 ½ x 11, 20-24lb weight, in white)
- Paper products, including Kleenex, napkins, paper towels and paper plates
- Name Tags
- COJ pens
- Charity Donation Envelopes
- Large, clear plastic storage bins
- White laser labels, sizes 1” x 2 5/8” or 2” x 4”