Your generous donations support the bereaved in many ways.
- Sending a crisis support team to schools experiencing the tragic loss of a student due to suicide or unexpected causes.
- Providing a listening ear to mothers and couples experiencing a miscarriage or the tragic loss of an infant.
- Planning monthly Family Memorial Events, where bereaved families come together to honor loved ones and experience connection and healing.
- Purchasing art supplies and pizza lunches for our school-based grief groups, where children and teens are able to express and process their grief in creative, supportive ways.
- Organizing social outings and monthly support for widows and widowers of all ages.
- Providing hope and healing to suicide survivors – those who’ve lost a loved one to suicide.
- Hosting open grief support groups for those grieving the loss of a parent, friend, child, or other close loved one.
- Supporting the development of curriculum materials for COJ’s educational grief trainings held throughout Greater Cincinnati and beyond which provide clergy, business owners, caretakers, and every day citizens with tools to better support one another through the grief process.
These are just a few of the ways in which your dollars are transformed into love for the bereaved through Companions on a Journey!