Companions on a Journey (COJ) is 501(c)(3) organization which is 100% funded through donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, grants and fundraising events.
Support program services are free to the bereaved.
Annual Fundraising event
- Gala "All Star Gala"– Our signature event includes live and silent auctions, presentations, entertainment, and awards
- Annual Memorial Golf Outing
- Annual appeal campaign
- Professional partnership with churches, businesses, hospitals, and funeral homes.
Foundation / Community Grants
- Grant proposals submitted to local and national organizations, businesses, and family foundations
- Educational workshops and programs
- Conferences and retreats
- Crisis Response and intervention education
- Seasons of Grief newsletter sponsorship
- Individual and family consultations
- Social and outreach programming
- Professional training seminars with materials and consultation are additional sources of income
- In lieu of gifts, in honor of a loved one, during special events or celebrations such as a birthday or an anniversary, consider designating Companions on a Journey as a beneficiary
- Donations made in memory of a family member or friend
- Planned giving donations
- Memory wall located at www.companionsonajourney.org
- Real estate/ office equipment, furniture
- Books and any other goods or services
- Auction items
- Food for support groups and various events
- COJ seeks to develop successful and sustainable fund raising strategies
- COJ seeks funding in support of continued training and development of new services to continue to be on the cutting edge of this field
- COJ seeks funding with the ultimate goal of establishing a Bereavement Center
COJ is grateful to its current sponsoring organizations
COJ is a faith-based, social service organization which provides bereavement support and educational services for children, teens and adults. COJ does not provide any counseling or related services which require a license under Chapter 4757 of the Ohio Revised Code. COJ is a section 501(c)(3) organization.