Connective Grieving Teens throughout the Tristate.
Created by Teens to support Teens.
- It is a place where they can verbalize their thoughts and emotions.
- It provides a forum for airing their grief and helps them to understand their grief.
- It allows teens to find support.
- It allows teens to learn that they have the resources within themselves for helping themselves and each other.
- It is a place where teens meet new friends and it allows them to become mentor to each other.
- It validates feelings and emotions.
- It helps them to see that they are not alone.
- The longer bereaved become models of hope. There is a sense of doing something positive.
- It is a place where teens have found that their school family truly cares about them.
- Their self-esteem is enhanced by being able to help one another.
- It is a place where teens learn to communicate to others what they are feeling rather than stuffing it down.
- It is a place where teens learn it is okay to cry, it is okay to laugh and that it’s okay to feel.
- It is a place where self-esteem and self-confidence is found.