Grief Support Groups - All groups are facilitated by trained volunteers with similar loss experiences. There is power of connection that takes place in our groups that guides a person to hope, strength and healing following the death of a loved one. It helps to know you’re not alone.
Individual/Family Grief Support & Mentoring
Bereaved Parent Group
This group is designed for any parent who has suffered the death of a child, no matter what age your child may have been at the time of death.
- 1st & 3rd Wed of the month, 7-9 pm
- Indiana Wesleyan University - Cincinnati Campus, 9286 Schulze Dr, West Chester Township, OH 45069, USA.
Perinatal Neonatal Loss
This group is designed for any parent who has suffered a miscarriage or death of a child from birth to teens. Call for information
Men in Grief
This group is designed for men who have suffered the loss of a loved one. Call for information
Open Grief Parent, Sibling, Friend
This group is designed to assist anyone who has suffered any type of death: parent, sibling or friend.
- 2nd Tues of the month, 7-9 pm
- Maximilian Kolbe Parish Hospitality Room, 5720 Hamilton-Mason Road, Liberty Township, OH 45011.
Mending Hearts Program for Grieving Children, Teens and Families Restoring Family Balance, one child, one teen, one family at a time. Companions on a Journey’s (COJ) Mending Hearts Program for Grieving Children is a faith based “ongoing” grief support program offering a safe and nurturing environment for all children ages 4 – 18 and their families who have experienced a death. When a death takes place in a family, the family becomes unbalanced. COJ’s Mending Hearts Program assists families to restore family balance. While addressing the parents’ and guardians’ needs, we help them to look through the eyes of their children in order to see their children’s needs and to show them how their responses impact their children’s lives. Restoring family balance helps children and families to find hope, strength and healing surrounded by love and support. 2017- 2018 – Registration Required - Our meeting time is from 6:30-8:15 pm
- 2nd Thur. of the month, 6:30pm
- Maximilian Kolbe Parish, 5720 Hamilton-Mason Road, Liberty Township, OH 45011
Young Widowed, New Beginnings & Living Again
- 2nd & 4th Wed. of the month, 7–9 pm
Young Widow: Designed for younger widowed persons with their grief who range in age from their twenties through their early 60’s. This group meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Indiana Wesleyan University, 9286 Schulze Drive, West Chester, OH 45069.
New Beginnings & Living Again Combined:
Designed to help widowed persons with the initial Stages of grief, typically this will be the first year and half depending on each person’s grief recovery. This group meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Indiana Wesleyan University, 9286 Schulze Drive, West Chester, OH 45069.
Surviving After the Death of a Suicide
This group is designed to assist any adult who has had a loved one die by suicide.
- 1st Tues of the month, 7-9 pm
Indiana Wesleyan University, 9286 Schulze Drive, West Chester, OH 45069.Young Adult Group
This group is designed for young adult’s ages 18-29 years of age who have suffered the death of a loved one or friend. Call for information
Workshops, Retreats and Special Events
- Hope, Strength, and Healing through Grief retreat
- Taking Time to Remember/ Grief in the Holidays
- Long Distance Grief
- Understanding Your Child’s Grief
- Question, Persuade, Retain (QPR) Gatekeeper Training – For suicide prevention
- Grief in the Workplace
- Seminar training for professional and educators to better understand how to assist the grieving
- Grief educators
- Grief consultants
- Crisis response and intervention teams
- Speaking engagements
- Seasons of Griefnewsletter
- Community education
- Grief brochures
- Condolence letters to newly bereaved
- Individual, family, and group consultations
- Direct mailings to professionals and bereaved
- Social and outreach groups
- Training materials
- Articles and periodicals
- Book of collected articles
- Conferences and retreats
- Individual mentoring
- Library of sources